Chimney Cleaning Services in Northern Virginia
A & T Chimney Sweeps is a one stop shop to fulfill all your needs for chimney cleaning or chimney sweeping in Northern Virginia. We are a team of certified and trained professional Chimney Technicians put customer satisfaction #1. We can help you with new installations and also follow it up with expert routine maintenance and chimney cleaning in the Fairfax County, Northern VA area. We regularly serve Arlington County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Manassas Park in Northern Virginia. Excellent emergency chimney services are offered by our professionals, which will drive away all your potential chimney woes.
Why Get My Chimney Cleaned?
Your beautiful home in Northern Virginia might have a chimney that adds an architectural aspect to it. But a chimney does much more. Your fireplace and wood stoves provide heat to your homes while the chimneys that serve them remove the by-products of combustion. These include smoke, water vapor, gases such as carbon monoxide, un-burned wood particles, hydrocarbon, tar fog and assorted minerals. As these toxic gases flow up the chimney, they condense and stick to the inner walls of the chimney resulting in creosote.
Creosote happens to be highly combustible and its build-up over time causes inadequate venting that can result in chimney fires. In masonry chimneys, high temperatures can crack tiles and melt mortar causing structural damages. There are chances that carbon monoxide can seep into your home through cracks in the flue causing serious illness.
Keeping your chimney clean ensures the safety of your family and home from unexpected wild chimney fires. Hire our CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps for a professional cleaning of your chimney's flue, cleaning of the firebox, and full chimney inspection. The professional would clean, repair or altogether replace the chimney flue as needed.
When Do I Need to Get My Chimney Cleaned?
As a general guideline - if you have any concerns about your chimney or fireplace, it is best to call one of our Certified Chimney Specialists out to inspect the chimney or fireplace in question. Outside of that, we have listed some of the more common indicators of when it is time to get your chimney cleaned.
- For wood burning fires, get a chimney sweep done four times every 12 months, for a coal and smokeless fuel.
- The start of the autumn, mid-winter, and spring are all good times for cleaning the chimney as the soot would have become dry and hardened during the summer and can be easily removed in the fall, and as fireplaces receive more use during the winter.
- Get an inspection when the soot falls down when you open or close your damper.
- If you smell wood burning from the fireplace even when it is not in use, call in a professional.
- If you notice fires, do not burn well or dark smoke hovers in the room, your chimney needs a clean sweep!
Why A&T Chimney Sweeps to Clean My Chimney?
While you may come across many chimney sweep services in Northern Virginia, not many match our level of commitment and quality. Our trained professionals know exactly what they are doing and promise satisfactory results.
- All our services, be they masonry, chimney or home improvement, exceed the work and safety standards set by CSIA and are in accordance with the NFPA #211 fire codes.
- Our committed and hands-on approach to every assignment has made us popular amongst our customers, who continue to give us their patronage.
- Our professionals have experience of over ten years in inspecting, cleaning, and repairing of furnaces and fireplace chimneys.
- Trained under CSIA professionals, our Master Sweeps promise top quality, having serviced over 20,000 chimneys.
- Working with top realtors, we regularly collaborate with property management organizations in northern Virginia. We have also had the privilege of working with Habitat for Humanity.
- Staying up-to-date on all the latest products, services, and safety regulations, our professionals work closely with you and solve any problems and concerns you may face with your chimneys.
- We offer flexible work schedules to attend to your emergencies at any time of the day.
- We make it a personal commitment to offer you the lowest prices possible for all our services without wavering on our need for high quality.
What are A&T Chimney's Cleaning Methods?
When our technicians arrive to clean your chimney the first thing we do is greet our customers and enter the home to lay our drop cloths around the fireplace, shut the damper and inspect the firebox. We then go to the roof and inspect from the roof-line up and sweep the chimney down. Then we go back inside with a vacuum and a throat brush. Next we open the damper and brush out the throat and the smoke shelf, the damper housing and fireplace walls and firebox. After the chimney inspection and cleaning are complete, we pick up our equipment, write out our inspection report and go over the details of the report with our customers. The chimney inspection and sweep typically takes about 35 minutes; it can take longer if there is an insert or if the chimney is exceptionally dirty.
When was the last time your fireplace was cleaned?
Many people forget just how important regular fireplace and chimney maintenance is to a home. While we appreciate the warmth and beauty of the firebox itself, we forget about the internal workings and the chimney exposed on the outside. With winter always around the corner, fireplace care and cleaning is a must for any home owner and their family. With the care and the knowledge to get the job done, A&T Chimney Sweeps is here to service your chimney! We are bonded, licensed and insured, and use the 21 point safety inspection.
Schedule Online NowCleaning & Inspection PricingRead About Chimney Repairs
Chimney & Fireplace Business Associations